Security awareness in any high school can be an expensive and daunting challenge, and especially because the risks can come from employees, faculty, and even students.
When it comes to awareness training, our Secure In 60 Seconds program is the ideal solution:
- More than 35 individual short videos covering school and personal security awareness.
- Teach awareness as often as you like – annually, weekly, even daily – to every single audience and at no extra cost. That means employees, faculty, leadership, even the entire student body.
- No future training costs or budget. Once you own the program, there are no future annual costs and licensing fees. That alone could save you thousands.
The series includes many personal security topics too. We believe that if you include personal topics in awareness training, the training becomes more personal and relevant, and more likely to create or change lifelong habits.
Check out this example of a phishing video.
- Preventing phishing attacks (2 episodes)
- The most common phishing baits to look out for.
- School phishing attacks.
- Data protection.
- Good email security practices.
- Password managers.
- The importance of privacy.
- The threat of ransomware
- Good password practices (2 episodes)
- Business email compromise attacks.
- Preventing malware risks.
- Why security awareness matters (2 episodes)
- Social media security tips.
- The most common security awareness mistakes.
- Preventing data breaches.
- Security away from campus.
- How data ethics can help.
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (2 episodes).
- Alerts for recent security incidents (2 episodes).
- Using 2-factor authentication.
- Choosing cybersecurity as a career.
Personal Topics Include:
- Personal security tips.
- Identity theft.
- Senior scams (2 episodes)
- Victim stories (2 episodes)
- Interview with a fraudster (2 episodes)
- Zelle fraud (2 episodes)
- Banking online.
- Credit freezes (2 episodes).
- Credit card versus debit card.
- TikTok and privacy risks.
A LIFE-CHANGING PROJECT FOR STUDENTS
It can be hard to get the attention of busy teens, and especially when the topic is something like cybersecurity.
But if the topic is about the urgent need to protect their grandparents from costly and sometimes heartbreaking scams and frauds, they’ll all ears.
And that’s why we think our Stop Senior Scams! project is a great way to persuade students to take a very personal interest in this topic.
FANTASTIC CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AWAIT
Cybersecurity offers one of the greatest career opportunities ever known, and the global shortage of more than 3 million cybersecurity professionals is driving up opportunities and salaries.
According to UC Berkeley, graduates with a master’s degree in cybersecurity are reporting average salaries of $214,000, and many organizations are willing to hire students with no degree at all. Our program could be the first step to getting students interested in this field.
About The Instructor
Neal O’Farrell is widely regarded as one of the longest-serving cybersecurity experts on the planet, 40 years and counting. He got his very first introduction to cybersecurity in 1980, on a college campus, where a fellow student introduced him to his first password-stealing software.
He’s advised multiple governments, was member of the Federal Communications Commission’s Cybersecurity Roundtable, and has been behind some of the nation’s most ambitious security awareness initiatives. Meet him.