Protecting the PII is a specialized security and privacy training course for heavier users of sensitive personal or consumer information, otherwise known as personally identifiable information or PII.
Whether they’re engineers and developers, data analysts and scientists, or your marketing and sales team, if they come into contact with significant amounts of PII as part of their daily routines, they need to fully understand the risks. And their enormous responsibilities.
Protecting the PII is a non-technical online training program, delivered through a collection of short and engaging videos, that will help to navigate these team members through the increasingly choppy waters of the secure, private, and ethical handling of PII.
And if you don’t have a basic employee security awareness program already in place, we can help there too. Just ask us.
WHAT WE COVER
- Why security and privacy are more important than ever, and how they’re changing and evolving.
- Understanding the most common risks and how they can turn into data and privacy breaches.
- Know your data – getting familiar with the different definitions of personally identifiable information or PII.
- An introduction to some of the most important privacy laws and regulations, including CCPA and GDPR.
- The growing role and importance of data ethics in improving security and privacy and reducing risk.
- How to safely collect, use, share, and dispose of sensitive personal or consumer data.
- The principles of privacy by design, and how they can lead to better products and greater privacy.
Protecting the PII is delivered as a collection of 8 separate videos, totaling 60 minutes. You decide how much training is just right. Just a handful or the complete course, every so often or constant refreshers.
The training was designed to ensure that any single short lesson can provide valuable insights and help to change behavior, even in isolation from any of the other lessons.
CHECK OUT A SAMPLE OF THE COURSE WE CREATED FOR AUTODESK