Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Limitations On The Use Of The Information We Collect
Your information is an integral part of our operations, and we use it in a variety of ways in providing the service and operating our business. Our primary uses of the data you submit to us are responding to requests that you make and aiding in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to operate, maintain, enhance and provide you with the offered services;
- to personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Site and service for your use;
- to send you administrative notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories
- to respond to your inquiries or other requests;
- to send you alerts and other security-related notifications;
- to provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you;
- to improve the quality of the Site and our service.
Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications from us either through links provided in the messages or by updating your account preferences through the Site.
We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or your next visit on the Site; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Site; and (c) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
How We Disclose Your Information
As a matter of policy we never share any of your information with any other party for any reason, except under the following conditions:
- If required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- If appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Think Security First and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Think Security First, our users, or others.
You Can Control Your Information
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account profile through the Site.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or Sites is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party services or Sites to which links or access are provided through the Site.
Our Commitment to the Privacy of Children
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 18 years of age to use the Site or knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Site from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has obtained an account on the Site, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We use certain physical, procedural, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We have a data security policy in place that we regularly test. Our security policy utilizes bank-level encryption and other security measures to protect your information from hackers and unauthorized parties. If you choose to allow us to store your personal information, we will implement reasonable security measures according to our security policy. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Site and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
The Site is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for users located within the United States. If you choose to use the Site from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Site you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
You are free to update your information at any time directly through our Site. At your request, Think Security First will change your information. To change your information, or request that your information be changed, please use one of the following options:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Privacy Officer
Think Security First